Silverfin Boys Club Lacrosse Teams – Fall 2020
Classes of 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029
Our Boys Club Lacrosse Teams Mission
- Our goal is to build a foundation of fundamentals on which a lacrosse player can rely for the rest of their lacrosse career.
- We build cohesive teams that enjoy playing and traveling together.
- Silverfin’s staff runs fun, faced paced lacrosse practices with very little down time.
- We communicate effectively with both players and parents.
- Our boys club lacrosse teams feature multiple tournaments (Adrenaline Lacrosse, Buku Lacrosse, West Coast Starz)
- Players receive a custom uniform and Cascade lacrosse helmet
- In addition, teams feature 20+ outdoor practice sessions.
- Our teams feature eligibility for selection to West Coast Starz national teams.
- $250/month includes eight practices per month
- $275 per tournament, typically monthly
- All players must purchase a team helmet. The Cascade “S” helmet is $250 and includes team stickers.
Important Dates (Class of 2025/2026/2027/2028/2029)
- TRYOUTS – contact email@example.com for personal evaluation
- AUG 17 (Monday) – Team Practice, Cal Lutheran University’s North Field
- AUG 19 (Wednesday) – Team Practice, Cal Lutheran University’s North Field
- AUG 24 (Monday) – Team Practice, Cal Lutheran University’s North Field
- AUG 26 (Wednesday) – Team Practice, Cal Lutheran University’s North Field
- AUG 31 (Monday) – Team Practice, Cal Lutheran University’s North Field
- SEP 2 (Wednesday) – Team Practice, Cal Lutheran University’s North Field
- SEP 7 (Monday) – Team Practice, Cal Lutheran University’s North Field
- SEP 9 (Wednesday) – Team Practice, Cal Lutheran University’s North Field
- SEP 14 (Monday) – Team Practice, Cal Lutheran University’s North Field
- SEP 16 (Wednesday) – Team Practice, Cal Lutheran University’s North Field
- SEP 21 (Monday) – Team Practice, Cal Lutheran University’s North Field
- SEP 23 (Wednesday) – Team Practice, Cal Lutheran University’s North Field
- SEP 26-27 (Sat-Sun) – Adrenaline’s America’s Finest Rivalry, Salt Lake City, UT
Patrick Smith – Head Coach
Patrick Smith is a native of Garden City, New York which has one of the richest lacrosse traditions in the country. While there he won a New York State Class “B” championship his senior year. After that, he attended the United States Naval Academy where he played both varsity and club lacrosse and graduated in 1998. After graduation he went on to become a Naval Aviator and flew combat missions as a mission commander in Operation Enduring Freedom and Iraqi freedom. In 2007 he left active duty for a position as a pilot at a major airline. That year Silverfin Lacrosse was founded. He has coached more teams than he can remember and has been instrumental to the growth of quality lacrosse in northern Los Angeles and Southern California.
Zach Jewell – Head Coach
Zach Jewell attended Episcopal High School in Dallas, Texas where he was the captain of his team his senior year. He then coached there for three years. Once he arrived in California he coached with Pasadena’s youth program for three years. He is the head coach of Newbury Park High School boys varsity lacrosse and has coached with Silverfin Lacrosse for two years. In summer 2019 his U11 team won the Buku Events Summer Kickoff. In December of 2019 his U12 team won the Adrenaline Sin City Showdown.
Jake Van Nostrand – Head Coach
Van Nostrand took over as head coach at USC after serving as assistant coach and defensive coordinator for the Trojans in the 2018 season. Prior to that, Van Nostrand spent two years of coaching varsity lacrosse at Corona Del Sol in Arizona and was a varsity assistant at Baldwin in New York from 2006-2009. He helped lead Baldwin to a Nassau County championship appearance. Van Nostrand’s playing experience started at Baldwin High School on Long Island where he was the captain, leading scorer and All-County selection for the county runner-up team. He continued onto Salisbury Prep in Connecticut where he again became team captain and an All-New England selection. In college Van Nostrand played for Gettysburg College and was a two-time team captain and two-time NCAA All-American in Division III. He played in two national championships during his career at Gettysburg and finished third all-time in points at the school.
WHAT IS THE REFUND/CANCELLATION POLICY?
Refunds will be granted minus a $75 administrative fee up until two weeks prior to the start of a lacrosse camp, lacrosse clinic, or club lacrosse team. Inside of two weeks no refunds will be granted. Silverfin Lacrosse reserves the right to send home any participant whose behavior is deemed to be inappropriate or disruptive to other campers, staff, school personnel, or guests any time during camp. In conclusion, fighting and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated and are grounds for ejection.
No refunds will be granted after the start of a clinic, club team, or camp. No refunds will be issued due to injuries of any kind that may prevent a player from participating in a camp or club team. Refunds will not be issued to players that are expelled, did not show up, or leave an event by their own decision to do so.